Sundargarh: Odisha Vigilance conducted a raid on properties associated with the Co-operative Societies Inspector cum Secretary in Sundargarh district on Saturday morning on the allegation of accumulation of disproportionate assets.
The Co-operative Societies Inspector has been identified as Banamali Naik.
Simultaneous searches are being conducted by the Odisha Vigilance team led by five DSPs, seven Inspectors, 4 Assistant of sub-inspectors (ASI), and other staff.
Based on a piece of reliable information, the vigilance sleuths have conducted raids at five places in Sundargarh district on the strength of search warrants issued by the Hon’ble Court of Spl. Judge Vigilance, Sundargarh.
1. Two nos. of Triple Storeyed buildings located over Plot No.2157 at Talsankara Mouza(Kendupada),P.S.-Town,Sundargarh.
2. Double storeyed building located at Talsankara mouza (Dengibhadi),P.S.- Town, Sundargarh
3. Native house at Vill.Kukuridihi,P.S.- Kinjirikela in Sundargarh
4. Relative’s house at Vill.Sareikela under Lefripada P.S, in Sundargarh.
5. Office Chamber of Naik at Sundargarh Town.
During the house search, the anti-corruption department has unearthed Rs 2.97 lakh cash as of now. Further search is underway and details are awaited.