Berhampur: Odisha Vigilance conducted a raid on properties associated with Executive Engineer, Rural Works (Electrical) Division in Berhampur on Wednesday morning on the allegation of accumulation of disproportionate assets.
The Executive Engineer has been identified as Jagannath Sethy.
Simultaneous searches are being conducted by Odisha Vigilance led by four Deputy superintendents of police (DSPs), 10 Inspectors, and other staff.
Based on a piece of reliable information, the vigilance sleuths have conducted raids at five places in Khordha and Ganjam districts on the strength of search warrants issued by Special Judge, Vigilance, Berhampur.
1. Residential Four-storeyed building located at Gajapati Nagar, 8th Lane, Berhampur.
2. Five-storeyed building located at Gajapati Nagar, 11th lane Extension, Berhampur.
3. Four storeyed building at AIIMS Nagar 3rd lane, Bhubaneswar
4. Office of Sri Sethy at Ambapua, Berhampur.
5. House at his native village Puttabagada, PS: Chhatrapur, Dist: Ganjam.
Further investigation by the anti-corruption team is underway. Details awaited.